Five Things Feminism Did For Me
I've been tagged with the feminism meme.
1. I've been able to have meaningful intellectual, emotional, professional, and nonsexual relationships with men.
2. It may seem small, but I am very grateful that I can choose to wear pants.
3. Education. By that I don't simply mean being let in the door, nor do I only mean being taken somewhat seriously once in, I also mean that my perspectives and feelings about being a woman were (once I hit college) often validated.
4. It wasn't until I was an adult and thought more about how fucking hard it is that I wondered whether it was truly possible for a woman to have a career and kids.
5. There was never a time in my life when I felt that "getting a man" was reaching my potential.
And bonus: 6. Feminism made it possible to see women in my life as fully human.
I tag anyone who feels moved.