Weekend Homework: Blog Edition
Welcome to a very blog-o-licious edition of Weekend Homework. You don't even have to get up from where you're sitting now to complete your assignments - see what a sweetheart I am? So check out:
1. Jane Dark on the Dixie Chicks and "the leaving tradition".
2. Liza on Brangelina baby photo, Fair Use and the DMCA or What TimeWarnerAOL is willing to do for total control of the internet.
3. Rachel on The Richest and Poorest Counties and Cities in the US.
4.Pas au-delà's Chris responds to Michael Bérubé in Are You Listening Al Gore?
5. Terrance asks Where Are The Gay Netroots? after his experience at Yearly Kos.
6. Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches pays tribute to the just-passed and amazing ">Billy Preston.
7. Keith Boykin says Blacks and Gays Are Not The Same ... So What?. I am so sick of Rev. Eugene Rivers, one of this world's biggest assholes, so I love Boykin for taking his idiocy on.
In non-blog: it's the last weekend of Newfest, New Yorkers. If you're not in NY, but want to see a movie, avoid Thank You For Smoking like the plague - I got my money back. It was dreadful.
And send some good vibes this-a-way, because I'm pretty sure I'm getting fired and, if so, it's going to be ugly.