1. Celebrate Oscar Wilde Day! For more, consult Damion.
2. It's not just a US thing. Boomers vs. Gen X and Y is a battle across the ocean as well. Hat tip to The Wit of the Staircase.
3. I've totally been there and could add a few more. Pomegranate Queen's "The Activist Formerly Known As" is a great explanation of why she, like so many others, left her local activist community.
4. Yeah, I'm kind of obsessed with this stuff. And I'm dragging you down with me. If I can't enjoy my meals, neither can you.
5. I am personally into seeing Al Gore the Science Guy ("Al! Al! Al! Al!") in An Inconvenient Truth. I must warn you that if you click the link, embarrassing music will follow. Mute is good. Anyway, it's playing in a surprising number of cities, so even if you don't usually get the movies I recommend, you ought to check out the website if you think you'd like to see it. While you're Gore-ing it up, NY Mag has a serious article. And yes I know that everyone has an article about Gore this week, but I like this one.
Finally, Quaker Dave has a place to commemorate this holiday.