1. Hungry? zp teaches cheap and easy scones! Yummy!
2. Rian Johnson's high school take on Dashiell Hammett, Brick, is getting surprisingly good reviews. Regardless, it's a high school take on Dashiell Hammett, people. Dunno if it's playing everywhere, or just NY. And it'll keep you from seeing this Basic Instinct 2 crap just because it's "bisexual" - be strong.
3. Subscribe yourself to The Academy of American Poets' Poem-a-Day email here. But, if you don't, don't worry - EL's got you on the poems for National Poetry Month! My Amusement Park will be celebrating all month long!
4. Sarah Waters's new book, The Night Watch is in stores. Buy it, or stroke it on the shelf if you're waiting for library or paperback.
5. Besides being National Poetry Month, it's also Jazz Appreciation Month! Jazz at Lincoln Center and XM Radio offer a day of free jazz at Lincoln Center- and it's family friendly. More info here.