• /* ----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Dots Dark Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 27 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#123 url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/bg_minidots.gif") 50% 0; margin:0; padding:0 0px; text-align:left; font:x-small Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#abc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ #content { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/bg_3dots.gif") no-repeat 250px 50px; width:700px; margin:0 auto; padding:50px 0; text-align:left; } #main { width:450px; float:left; padding:20px 0 0; font-size:85%; } #main2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/bg_minidots2.gif") -100px -100px; padding:20px 10px 15px; } #sidebar { width:200px; float:left; font-size:85%; padding-bottom:20px; } #sidebar2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/bg_minidots2.gif") 150px -50px; padding:5px 10px 15px; width:200px; width/* */:/**/180px; width: /**/180px; } /* Title & Description ----------------------------------------------- */ #blog-title { margin:0 0 .5em; font:bold 250%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#8dd; text-transform:lowercase; } #blog-title a { color:#8cc; text-decoration:none; } #description { margin:0 0 1.75em; color:#9c7; } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#da7; } a:visited { color:#799; } a:hover { color:#fff; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 0 .75em; padding-bottom:.75em; border-bottom:5px dotted #567; font:bold 100%/1.4em Verdana,San-serif; text-transform:lowercase; color:#7bc; } .post { margin:0 0 .5em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-title { margin:.25em 0; font:bold 130%/1.4em Verdana,San-serif; color:#ad8; } .post-title a, .post-title strong { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/bg_post_title.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; display:block; color:#ad8; text-decoration:none; padding:0 0 1px 20px; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { margin:10; text-align:right; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; color:#9c7; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; padding-left:15px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; padding-left:15px; } .post img { margin:0 0 10px 0; padding:10px; border:1px solid #567; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; border-top:1px dotted #567; padding-top:.5em; font:bold 110%/1.4em Verdana,Sans-serif; color:#9c7; } #comments-block { line-height:1.6em; } .comment-poster { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .35em; margin:.5em 0 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; font-weight:bold; color:#9ab; } .comment-body { margin:0; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#996; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#996; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* More Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar-title { margin:2em 0 .75em; padding-bottom:.35em; border-bottom:1px dotted #567; font:bold 100%/1.4em Verdana,San-serif; text-transform:lowercase; color:#7bc; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } #sidebar ul { margin:.5em 0 1em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/bullet.gif") no-repeat 3px .45em; margin:0; padding:0 0 5px 15px; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-datablock { margin:0 0 1em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 8px 5px 0; border:4px solid #345; } .profile-data { margin:0; line-height:1.5em; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } .profile-textblock { clear:left; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; padding:15px 0 0; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; }

    Friday, December 16, 2005

    Ford Reverses Gay Ads Decision

    This reminds me of that episode of Queer as Folk where Debbie's boyfriend Horvath and all his cop buddies get into a bowling tournament with our friends from Liberty Avenue. Hijinks ensue, Emmett pretends an injury, Ben gets this close to saving the day- good ole QAF fun. Only in this case, in the real world, the queers WON!

    Ford is to resume buying corporate ads in gay publications, following criticism from gay rights groups who accused the motor company of succumbing to pressure from the conservative group the American Family Association.
    In an attempt to end a public relations disaster, Ford wrote to gay groups saying it would resume buying corporate ads in gay media, featuring all eight of the company's brands, reversing a decision to pull them. Previously only Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo ran ads in gay publications.

    "Ford's action is a positive outcome and win for equality and fairness," said Human Rights Campaign president Joe Solmonese. "Ford has sent a powerful signal that corporate America values its gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and consumers."
    The AFA called for a boycott of Ford vehicles in May, citing what it claimed was the company's "extensive promotion of homosexuality" including making contributions to gay rights groups.

    The AFA suspended the boycott in June for six months after talks with Ford dealers and then ended it altogether after a meeting with Ford executives. Afterwards Ford announced it was going to pull the ads from gay publications and the AFA claimed victory. "While we still have a few differences with Ford, we feel our concerns are being addressed in good faith and will continue to be addressed in the future," Donald Wildmon, the chairman of the Mississippi-based group, said.

    Ford denied it had struck a secret deal with the AFA, claiming the decision to pull the ads was a purely commercial decision. But gay rights groups reacted furiously, accusing Ford of pandering to extremist groups. The decision to reinstate the advertising followed a meeting with gay groups on Monday.


    (Caveat: this may have been a little better than beating Horvath and Friends.)

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Odemi Temple said...

    Hello everyone,who still cares about his/her ex-lover or having any other problem,I am PRINCESS, from Canada i never thought my ex will come back to me again,i am very happy at last that my ex-lover now my husband is back to me,who left me six months to our wedding just because of some little misunderstanding,But today we are married and we are expecting our little baby,i sincerely want to say thanks to Dr ODEMI for helping me cast the spell that brings him back to me,i am grateful and happier than ever before,Thank You Doctor for helping me, and if you are also having problem in your relationship or any part of life, you can also contact him and he will respond to you. email odemisolutioncenter@gmail.com or call his mobile number +2348110035171

    7:47 PM  
    Blogger Odemi Temple said...

    My name is Andrea Julie from Illinois in USA. Am here to testify of

    a great and powerful spell caster named Doctor Udolowa. I was so

    confused and devastated when my boy friend left me for another

    girl. I needed him back desperately because i loved him so much. So

    i contacted this great spell caster for a help. He helped me cast a

    return love spell on him and just within 12 to 16 hours my boy

    friend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. I

    want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly

    needs an urgent solution to a love break up. Simply contact the

    great Doctor Odemi via email address odemisolutioncenter@gmail.com

    7:48 PM  
    Blogger Jimmy Edwards said...

    My name is Christabella, I am here to Share my testimony about a doctor who helped me remove a burden from my life. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2012, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking of how to get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I went to visit a friend and she asked why i was looking so sad i explained to her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduced me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i emailed him. He told me all the things I needed to do and also gave me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what was happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at: drkakuduwesthealingcenter@gmail.com OR dr.kakuduwesthealingtemple@outlook.com you can also reach him on his mobile number (09081160306)

    10:01 AM  
    Blogger Jimmy Edwards said...

    My name is Christabella, I am here to Share my testimony about a doctor who helped me remove a burden from my life. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2012, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking of how to get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I went to visit a friend and she asked why i was looking so sad i explained to her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduced me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i emailed him. He told me all the things I needed to do and also gave me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what was happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at: drkakuduwesthealingcenter@gmail.com OR dr.kakuduwesthealingtemple@outlook.com you can also reach him on his mobile number (09081160306)

    10:02 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home